Everywhere you look today, there is so much negativity everywhere. The world has become a very sad place to live in. Life has become unbearable and many many people are starting to wonder will they ever be happy in this life again. This is what has been in my mind & heart as we started this new decade…the answer to this disturbing question, I found in a principle that originated from the Bible.
This verse simply says this….
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God ~Philippians 4:6
Complaining Vs Gratitude
One phenomena that is developing viral acceptance in our time & age, is complaining. Everywhere I go nowadays, I hear one thing, life is so hard. So many troubles and problems. And the funny thing is that they are all right. I felt like 2019 had so many challenges and everyone I talked to confirmed my fears. Times are hard everyone was saying…
The more I focused on what was wrong with my life, the more bad I seemed to come across. And I never knew what was wrong until God began pointing me back to the bible. And then I realised that Phil 4:6 commands us to give thanks in every situation, especially those which are bad. If you have a bad situation, you make it worse by complaining. Complaining & Gratitude are mutually exclusive, never forget this
Complaining – Law of decrease of happiness. You attract all that is bad in your life
Gratitude – Law of increase of happiness- You attract all the good you want in your life
I realised that all of us want a better car, house, job, business and the purpose of all of this is to give us amazing experiences that lead to happiness. When you develop an attitude of gratitude, you instantly get this joy even though you may not have those things that will bring you the happiness you want.
Don’t take my word for it. Try it yourself and you will be amazed at how much joy this simple exercise brings
Attitude of Gratitude
One of the phrases that will transform your life is simply learning to say ‘Thank You’. As a child we were drilled into the importance of this phrase, but once adulthood kicked in, the habit was simply pushed aside.
Gratitude is basically focusing on appreciating what is good in your life. And the more you appreciate what is good, then you will get more of that in your life. Remember this key, WHAT YOU FOCUS ON GROWS. The more you thank God for all the good things He has done for you, then the more good things God will make happen to you. Never, ever forget this principle. YOU GET WHAT YOU EXPECT!!!
Giving Thanks Especially During The Hard Times
“Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, GIVING THANKS to his God, just as he had done before”. Dan 6:10
Daniel had just received some devastating news. That whoever was caught worshiping any other God would be thrown into the den of lions. Basically, by praying to his God he would be signing his death certificate. The bible says that He went down on his knees, as was his norm, and gave thanks!!!! Gave thanks? How? When his life was in danger?
The true test of giving thanks is when everything is wrong. Giving thanks when you are blessed is easy but the greatest test is giving thanks is when you are going through a difficult time. Give thanks in all circumstances the bible commands
The Secret Of Giving Thanks In Advance
- Thank God for that which you are trusting Him for
- For example if you are trusting God for that new car this year. Start thanking Him for the car that He has given you. Thank Him for the amazing feeling you are getting as you drive your new car
- Every time you are tempted to worry, because the promise is taking too long, then take it as your queue to start giving thanks.
- The key thing is to thank him before the promise comes
- Begging/Crying/Pleading doesn’t get God’s attention. When you ask asked God for it he heard you the very 1st time.
- No need to go repeating your needs and desires.
- Pray once, then spend the rest of the time thanking God as if you have already received what it is your are praying for (KEY)
- That is the key, thank God in advance for all the things you are trusting him for
Benefits of Developing an Attitude of Gratitude
- Gratitude unlocks the door to instant happiness. If you are feeling grumpy or blue just start to count your blessings name them one by one and truly your entire mood will change to instant joy
- Kills Anxiety. The antidote to anxiety is gratitude. Anytime you feel stressed over something, just look around you and start finding things to be thankful for. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.
- Fosters Faith – When you see all the things that the Lord has brought you through, then you will have faith that He too will see you through what it is that you currently battling
- Antidote to Insomnia – Forget counting sheep backwards, this is the best antidote I have found to sleeplessness. Every-time you having those bouts of insomnia start thinking about all that you have to be thankful for and I assure you, you will fall asleep like a little baby
- Improves your Health – A great percentage of people ill in hospital are as a result of thought-induced illness. When you stop focusing on what is wrong with you, and start focusing on the good, then you begin to attract the good. Every time you’re sick/unwell, thank God for your health, joy, blessings and you will instantly start to get better again.
- Makes you a Joy to be around – I hate being around people who complain every time. I absolutely love being around someone who always seeks to see the positive in every situation/person. So when you learn to always seek something praise worthy, then you attract a lot of good in your life and people will want to hang around all that positive vibe.
How To Develop An Attitude of Gratitude
- Give thanks – Giving means you have to actually say it.
- Appreciate your family members, friends, people you meet. You can tell them right there, call them , text them or if you cannot reach them – mentally send a prayer thought to them. Create a positive ripple effect
- Have a Gratitude journal- Note down anything you have to be grateful for that day. Use any notebook or you can download the 90-Day Gratitude Journal here.
- Set an alarm at least once everyday say at noon. And then once the alarm goes off look around and appreciate at least 10 things that you see around you.
- Notice how it changes your life, appreciate everything good In your life. Remember, WHATEVER YOU FOCUS ON GROWS
- Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions.
Every morning when you wake up and every evening before you sleep, repeat this affirmations. This time is when your sub-conscious mind is most ready to receive & develop new habits
- Lord I am grateful for everything I have in my life and always keeping the door open for more blessings.
- I thank you Lord that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
- Thank you Lord for excellent health, prosperity and true love.
- Thank you Lord that my life is filled with an abundance of goodness.
- Thank you Lord that all challenges are an opportunity for growth and I am thankful for the chance to evolve.
- Thank you Lord for supportive friends and a loving family.
- Thank you Lord for making me the co-creator of my reality.
- Thank you Lord for the beauty in nature that surrounds me.
- I am blessed & highly favoured. I am marked for all the good that life has in store for me.
- I thank you Lord that I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. Nothing I desire is impossible for me to achieve
Never forget this my friends…..
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”