This is the second feature of our Meet Yo’ Vendor segment. Today we feature one of Kenya’s premier Card/Invite makers. Every time I see their work I am always impressed by their quality of work & professionalism. We took some time to ask them a few questions about them & what is the secret behind ALL & Sundry
- Why did you guys settle on card design & not any other line of work?
All & Sundry is actually a Graphic Design business. We however love doing things with our hands, and one Christmas season decided to make thank you cards to our phenomenal clients by hand. The results were unexpected – they all came back asking for something similar for their clients! The card business was born. We eventually ventured into wedding invitations and have never looked back.
We still have Graphic design and branding in our stable and we’re good at it!
- What makes you guys stand out from the crowd of wedding vendors?
– We understand that we are not in a typical retail business. We give our clients a creative experience.
– We listen to our clients. We really listen and try and understand what they want, their dreams for their wedding, then we make it come true.
– We LOVE what we do!
- How did you guys start?
This business was founded 11 years ago. We started on a shoe string budget. Got the office (we are still in the same office), brought in a chair, a computer and a scanner from home and we were good to go.
It was tough at first, but it was also really exciting, being the driver of one’s own destiny. God has been really good to us – He has opened doors that we did not even know existed.
- What is the motivation behind your awesome card designs?
– We are motivated by our clients – what do they want? Is it possible? How can we make it better?
– We are also particular about finish. Today, we aim to be better than we were yesterday.
- What is the biggest misconception about cards?
– That they should be really cheap! The reality is a good invitation will cost you.
– That they are not important. In fact, they are the first hint your guests will have of the kind of wedding you will have. They set the tone.
- In case I need to learn about Cards, can you guys help? Or what would you advise?
We are always open for mentorship and internships. You must have a passion for what you do and you must be ready to learn.
- Why the name All & Sundry Designs?
– We wanted a name that we could grow with. All & Sundry Designs has actually been registered as a Limited Liability Company under the name All & Sundry Limited.
This encompasses our bespoke stationery, Graphic Design and Branding.
- Do you do weddings cards only?
We do Graphic Design and Branding. We also do corporate invitations and any other creative jobs that come our way.
- 5 years from now?
– Be known internationally for our excellent bespoke wedding invitations.
– Expand our repertoire of wedding invitations and have other related products.
– Have a Craft and Design school to teach others this beautiful craft.
10. In case I need you guys to design my card for me, how do I go about ordering?
– We would need to have a meeting with you, to discuss what your vision is for your wedding, what are your numbers, colours, themes, etc.
– We look at what your options are in terms of materials.
– We work out costings and agree on a design you love.
– We do the job and you collect your dream invitations!
11. What is your biggest challenge as card designers & running the business?
– We are limited on the materials available in this market.
– Because we only use the best, material costs can be high.
Just in case you need to reach them for any of your graphic design needs, then below are their contact details
All & Sundry Limited
Tel: +254 20 358 1191 | 726 864 222 | 722 569 081
4th Floor, Nanak House Room 402.
Facebook: All & Sundry Designs
All Glory & Honour belongs to God,